Monday, January 15, 2007

someone went to europe and has been slow to report on it...

I've become one lazy-ass blogger in the last six months or so, haven't I? I don't know what the problem is, but I'd rather provide you with (somewhat) amusing and insightful entries rather than self-serving bullshit about my boredom or whathaveyou, so I guess that means it's become more sporadic.

But geez, you'd think that someone so fucking excited about her first trip to Europe (3 long weeks!) would rush to recount her adventures, especially when she got to spend eight days in Paris (you know, that city and culture I put on a pedestal). But man, I've been back for ten days, and since the second I landed I've been in agony with severe sinus congestion. It won't go away! Help me, please! And about the only thing I can hear out of my right ear is my heartbeat. So that really zaps my interest in even telling my stories. Of course I've orally related this information to people, which is my preference anyway.

The crude outline of my trip: flew into London, took the tube to Euston Station where I caught a train to Lancaster in the northwest. Allie met me at the train station, and we spent the next couple of days in Lancaster as I adjusted to the time. We did Manchester as a day trip. Then we were off on our marathon: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, London, Paris, and back to London, where we parted. The whole time we were in Britain I think it rained one or two days (it was really sunny in the north). And yeah, we went through the Chunnel via Eurostar. It was not only my longest vacation, it is also the longest amount of time I've spent not riding in a car in my entire life. God that felt good.

I guess I'll just have to slowly reveal stuff as I feel like it. Sorry. But I will tell you that I absolutely loved Paris, even though it rained all the time, there were too many people, and I think that's where I got sick. There's so much more that I want to see there, but now that I've done the major tourist circuit I can relax and take more of the interesting details in. Oh how I'd love to live there. The next best stops were Edinburgh and Manchester.

I still need to download the photos I took and then I'll be adding some to my Picasa online photo album.

In the meantime, I'll be blowing my nose.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home