Sunday, January 28, 2007

this one's for you, brian

If you remember from an earlier post this week about The Broken West, I mentioned how the last time I blogged about them there were controversial results. Well, tonight we got some closure on that issue.

Anna had organized a show at Bordello on the edge of Little Tokyo for The Sheers CD release party. John Hoskinson opened and Eugene Edwards closed. Brian, of Broken West and "insufferable rudeness" fame, plays bass in both bands. Oh yes, he read the blog those many months ago. So after he greeted Anna, he came up to me and made mention of it, but he was totally cool about it. And apparently I'm one of the few people to praise the band without mentioning Wilco (shit, I just did). I still wouldn't make the comparison, because it just doesn't occur to me to do it. "So It Goes," "On the Bubble," and "Down in the Valley" are toe-tapping fabulous on their own. So I officially take it back: Brian is not insufferably rude. We may have to work on Dan, though (to be fair, he was not there tonight). Oh and Brian and Eugene were wearing matching outfits, which I actually really like (I'm big into "concept bands"). It's John who ruined that vibe.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger John Hoskinson said...

I prefer to think of it as Gene & Brian ruined my vibe. How was I to know it was "blazer night"?

John Hoskinson

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home