Saturday, April 23, 2005

16th Street apartment buildings

So I haven't written in awhile, but I've been insanely busy with my thesis. Of course the reason I'm writing now is partly to procrastinate from the enormous amount of work I should be doing. Somehow listening and taking notes on 5 interviews (which I conducted) just isn't that appealing.

Part of the work I've had to do involved driving down 16th Street four days in a row. You know how much I hate driving in the city--mainly due to parking--but it couldn't be avoided and I knew parking wouldn't be that big a deal. Anyway, the point is that it reminded me how much I love the apartment buildings on 16th Street from Meridian Hill to U Street. I'm going to miss them. Sure some of them are typical conservative architecture, but there are a few marvelous modern and Art Deco gems. But just to see the strip of apartment buildings thrills me. I'm weird, we know this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr James Orin Incandenza said...

I used to live off 18th and Columbia - parking was fuckin' atrocious! I feel your pain.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home