Saturday, May 28, 2005

random ketchup

I know, it's been more than a week. Well, first there wasn't anything to write about. Once there was, I was too busy writing my thesis against a deadline. The damn thing is more or less finished, and I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and delivering it later today. Of course once it's defended I'll probably have to do some more work, but I'm just thrilled to be free of this burden. What the hell am I going to do when I have to write the dissertation? The research I love, sitting down to right my crazy ideas seems to be what I dread.

So what am I going to do with my new-found free time? Well, it's movie marathon time. Plenty of movies waiting for me from the library and Netflix.

On Thursday, Allie and I went to see My Summer of Love at the E Street Cinema, since Allie won the free tickets to the screening. While the director was supposed to be there, instead one of the lead actresses (Emily Blunt) was there for a Q&A afterwards. As exciting as Q&As sound, I hate them. They are frustrating as hell. Horrible when the "A" guy is a jerk (i.e. Kevin Spacey & director of The Chorus). Emily was pretty good, but the questions were mostly uninspired and from people who clearly had not seen a non-blockbuster movie. And then there's the moderator for these things: Michael Kyrioglou, director of the DC Film Society. This man is an embarrassment to cinephiles. He makes trite, ridiculous, and sometimes insanely wrong observations, comments, and questions.

Okay, enough of a rant. Anyone want a gmail account? I've got more invites than I know what to do with, so if you email me (see left; you may have to click for complete profile), tell me something funny or interesting, comment on the blog, etc. and I just might oblige.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home