Sunday, September 25, 2005

i think los angeles has made me stupid

Allie is going to love this, because she's already chastised me saying, "I thought this kind of mistake was beneath you."

Last night I prepared to change my sheets so I could do laundry this morning. Then I discovered that the fitted sheet I bought was a queen for my full-size bed. Sure, queen is only a smidge bigger than full, but full sheets are actually too big for my bed (the foam mattress, which I'm told is something akin to what Gandhi slept on, is less than five inches thick). I had to return other stuff to IKEA anyway. So I went this morning and exchanged it. Got home, changed the sheets, and discovered I only had one pillowcase for my two pillows. Good thing I love their non-fat frozen yogurt so making the trek out there again isn't too painful.

Before heading to IKEA I went to the Hollywood farmer's market. Anna told me that I should let the scary-looking people with colored paper bother me because they are offering free movie tickets (and I'm supposed to be able to spot celebrities, which of course didn't happen--6 weeks!!!!). The one guy I saw with the tickets wasn't scary, he was quite cute actually, and I had a choice between The Producers and Firewall. Guess which one I took? But, dammit, it's on Thursday, which I later realized is at the same time as the free Supergrass concert at Amoeba Records. What's a girl to do? I'm leaning toward Supergrass.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a place can't make you stupid...

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home