Tuesday, January 10, 2006

albert brooks again

I think you get the point that I love Albert Brooks. But read the article I've linked you to above anyway. It gets off to a bad start, describing him as "Brillo-haired" (yeah, ok, Jewfroish probably isn't acceptable, but come on). But I'll tell you what really pissed me off: "sweaty schnook substitute anchorman" in Broadcast News. Oh man, don't get me started. How can you not sympathize with his character in that movie? I still hate William Hurt today for his role in it.

Anyway, I was quite ticked to hear (read, rather) that D.C. had a screening of the movie before L.A. again (the article reports it premieres here on Thursday, but alas I was not invited and I have other plans anyway). Dubai I could handle, there's no connection for me there. But D.C.? Come on, people, rip my heart out why don't you. And to make matters worse, a childhood friend, working for a Congresswoman, attended the screening. How do I know this? The other day when I was insanely bored and none of my preferred chatting buddies were online, I looked through people's away messages. Jeff's said something along the lines of watching a movie with John Kerry today (he was also an intern for him during the election). Then when I read this article that mentioned Kerry's presence, I IMed him to confirm.

Man.

But I have seen the trailor about fifty times now, nearly in front of every movie Allie and I saw together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home