Friday, March 10, 2006

the internet is shit?

I think it's pretty evident, especially from recent rumblings, that I can't live without the internet. But at the same time, I think a lot of what is reflected in my observations here as well as people who actually know me in physicality (let's not go so far as to call it or anything else "reality") that I can't live with just the internet. The internet is a tool, a catalyst, and yes, a dependency. Some of this is self-induced, some of it isn't (I can't help that USC pushes everything in the digital direction and mandates highspeed internet for research, for example). Point is that I am sympathetic to the view of the website above despite my addiction. I think perhaps the website's vantage point and message are too simplistic, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home