Friday, July 14, 2006

fuckin' synergy

I learned something very interesting today. Well, "very" being relative to what else I learned today. Do what you will with it (I did also sort Lego pieces).

For nearly a month I've been working at a historic preservation firm in Hollywood. It's located in a 1910s Dutch Colonial Revival bungalow court (i.e. it used to be multifamily housing and it now houses office space, most of which is entertainment industry related). Because someone came into our office looking for something else, I learned that Paul Weitz's production company, Depth of Field, is located in the same bungalow court as my office. After I found this out I may have even seen Paul or Chris. Probably not, but I will have to go study their photos so I'm ready. And who knows who could show up to see them! I mean, shit, Hugh Grant or Topher Grace could walk through the court and then they wouldn't know what hit them. Apparently Julianne Moore was there a couple of months ago wearing overalls, yes, fucking overalls.

What makes this a little more interesting is that long ago I noticed a pair of director's chairs sitting in the front room of their building that say "Synergy" on them. I immediately thought of In Good Company, but at the time thought it was somewhat of a clever name for some entertainment company. Well, now I know why those chairs are there. In Good Company was originally titled Synergy.

It's all fuckin' synergy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home