Friday, June 02, 2006

home sweet home?

Well, I made it. It was a long-ass haul. The whole benefit of flying east is that it's a lot quicker than flying west because of the jetstream. Except when your destination is bombarded with thunderstorms when you are set to land. What was supposed to be a 4.5-hour flight turned into more than six hours. We got a late start (nearly 30 minutes) and that was annoying, but having to avoid storms and then fly out of our way was even more so. Then I get to the airport and my family is having dinner off-site. That didn't surprise me (every family has its weird politics, and ours certainly revolves around food in a way too bizarre to explain), but they went to the restaurant I wanted to go to to have the pizza I've wanted for months (there's no such thing as good pizza in L.A.). That fucking pissed me off. They were so nice to bring me soggy leftovers, but of course the oven and toaster oven don't work (long story). I ate California Tortilla at the airport. That was my back-up plan anyway. It's funny how even though I live in the land of excellent Mexican food, I still crave the bastardized version I grew up with. Too much sauce the frozen raspberry margarita was quite excellent and cheap! And how I've wanted a margarita! I needed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home