Monday, January 15, 2007

someone's in a writing mood

I don't know what has gotten into me, but I'm on a small writing rampage.

So I thought I'd take the opportunity to brag about the fact that the University of Maryland's American Studies department was recently ranked third in the nation, only behind Harvard and UT-Austin. I'm so proud to be part of that legacy!

I was contemplating some snide remarks about our competition, but then I thought better of it. I mean, hello, I will be looking for an academic job, perhaps in this field or these places, and god knows this digital stuff has an interminable lifespan.

But just think, if I had taken UT's offer of admission, right now I'd probably be in the early stages of researching my dissertation at the second-best American Studies program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home