Thursday, November 29, 2007

mr. bean went on holiday and i forgot to laugh

Riot in the streets if you will, but I will continue to insist that Mr. Bean is not remotely funny. I have never liked Mr. Bean from the bits I've seen made for television, to the first Bean movie, and to the point that I made fun of Allie when she went to see Mr. Bean's Holiday in Lancaster. Then she told me that I should see it just because I'd appreciate the beauty of it; after all, he travels through Paris and the French countryside on his way to Cannes.

I've been bundled up in bed all week with an excruciatingly painful kidney infection, but yet I still decided to watch this dreadful movie via Netflix. Let me tell you, it was like watching a snake fly through the beautiful backdrop of France!

I didn't laugh once. How is this funny? The man is so stupid and so oblivious, yet just about everything he does really hurts someone else. Beyond its lack of amusement to me, I just find it really boring and dumb. I guess I'm just too compassionate to find such stupidity funny or even worth watching. This man should win a Darwin Award, not go on holiday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home