Friday, February 08, 2008

stephanie turns 25

Well, I'm officially a quarter-century old now. I'm not going through a quarter-life crisis, but I really didn't know what to do with myself today initially.

I woke up really early (which generally happens to me, it's not really birthday excitement), started a movie, and then went back to sleep. So I woke up later than usual (8:15), which resulted in me actually get a late start on the soft plans I made for myself.

My evening was taken care of. Andrew, Anna, and I had margaritas at Malo and then headed over to Taix for dinner. Before that, I went to see In Bruges at Arclight, which I really enjoyed. It's very funny, but it's also very violent. It had more blood than There Will Be Blood. Colin Farrell is great in small films. He's also really impressive in Cassandra's Dream, which I know I didn't blog about after I saw it, but I certainly recommend it. I enjoyed it a lot more than Match Point, which deals with similar themes.

Anyway, I didn't want to spend the bulk of the day in the apartment watching movies. I thought that would be depressing. Instead, I was determined to go out. The only thing I could think to do was to go to the Getty since I've wanted to see their photographic exhibits (that's pretty much the only reason I trek out there). I couldn't even think of where to eat lunch. I've been eating at home so much lately that I've even blocked my interest in going to places other than Oinkster (best hamburger in L.A.!). I only spent about an hour looking around and then decided to just eat lunch at their cafe, which I'd never even been to. It's really pretty nice and not too overpriced for a museum, especially one as isolated as the Getty.

From there I went to Arclight. I couldn't believe that in the middle of the day, on surface streets, it took nearly an hour to get between the two points. Usually during rush hour is takes an hour to get all the way home from the Getty, let alone 3 miles short of it. That was exhausting. Especially since it made it well into the 70s today with the sun beating down on me.

Oh and the first thing I did this morning was buy myself a birthday cake (but I didn't have them engrave it...that just seems weird when you buy it for yourself). But I haven't even touched it, and I won't tonight. Is it really your birthday without a cake? Sure, but now the cake seems silly. I hope it won't go stale overnight in its box. I don't have room for it in the refrigerator. We were all stuffed and sated by the insanely rich mousse Taix treated the birthday girl.

The best part? I can now rent a car without any extra massive fees.

Is this not the most boring post one could write about a birthday? I'm sorry. I am so tired. Between the one drink (which doesn't affect me until I actually get tired) and being up way past my bedtime, I'm just pooped. You're lucky any of this makes sense.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

Yes, yes, a cake, movie, margarita, and steak all are great. But the real question is: do you feel 25? Well, do you, punk?

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home