Friday, June 03, 2005

victory is mine!

I'm thrilled to report that I have successfully defended my thesis. As if my committee would let me get to this point and fail me. But at least the work I need to do to it is only minor. That's a load off my mind, which is full of frightening things for Type A's like me (though I perhaps belong to the AAA class). Sunday I head for a week in L.A. so don't keep checking this page everyday wondering when I'm going to write again (I know you do). Worrying about scheduling things for that has been a headache as is the general anxiety of moving across the country and finding housing. Plus, I still don't have a summer job, which I need to fund my move and my time before USC actually pays me.

But I'm looking forward to the trip. The first time I'd been west of Chicago was two years ago when I went to visit relatives in Orange County. During that trip I spent one day in L.A.--and I did it all by transit! L.A. natives don't believe it. So now it's time to get intimate with my future city, and I'm doing it by car (because yes, the obviously east coast [i.e. very "political" bumpersticker laden] Toyota Tercel is coming with me in August). I'm going to try to see about as much housing as I can. I'm going to see The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Wednesday, so look for me in the audience (not that he shows much of his audience). Somewhere in there is a Dodger game and perhaps even Disneyland (ugh). Any souvenir requests?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home