Saturday, July 16, 2005

at a lounge called velvet


Last night's visit to the Velvet Lounge kicked off a pretty intense concert-going session for me (considering there are whole years I didn't step foot in some of my favorite clubs): four concerts in ten days. You already know about my love for The Bonapartes. They were on fire last night! Best performance [I've seen] yet. Totally full of energy (they usually are) and there was actually plenty of witty banter! Have they been reading my blog? As my pal Pablo--newly converted to The Bonapartes religion--put it, they "were the star of the night." The third in a line of four bands, they certainly had the biggest crowd with the most movement. Do I really have to leave this behind? Two if by Sea closed the night with some fabulous New Wave-inspired tunes, definitely a recommendation. Soraia was a solid opener, but Run Silent Run Deep's screaming metal was sorely misplaced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home