Thursday, June 23, 2005

Me and You and Everyone We Know

Today was my first day of work, and I got home later than I would have liked due to a variety of factors. When I walked through the door Allie told me that Matt Cowal (communications director for Washington area Landmark Theatres) had sent out a last-minute invite to see Me and You and Everyone We Know at Bethesda Row. Having heard so much praise for it, we have talked about how we want to see it, so we decided to dash out of the house at 6:45 to catch the 7:30 screening, hoping it wouldn't already be full since it was last-minute (and these things rarely fill even with advance notice). We made it just after 7:20 (parking was a bitch, as usual in Bethesda). All I have to say is that it's quite clear the filmmaker has a performance art background. It's funny, it's endearing, but not as great as I expected. I'm not sure I even get it--or if I'm supposed to.

Arch Campbell was there (and that means nothing to you outside the Washington area, I know, and trust me, it's not worth explaining). He laughed maybe once (you know that distinctive, annoying laugh of his). Though I have it on good authority he was howling at the Unleashed screening. That's the caliber of local TV news film critics in these parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home