Thursday, July 28, 2005

music v. film

It's weird how lately nearly all my blogs have been about music. For so many years my interest in music had waned, and now it's resurged. You'd think I couldn't get enough. I actually need to spend more time ripping my CD collection and transferring it to my MP3 player (that was the whole reason I bought it so I wouldn't have to lug all my CDs across the country). But don't get me started on all the things I need to do in just over two weeks! At any rate, earlier this week I spent a long time sifting through Insound's MP3 selection. If I liked the band I looked them up on MySpace or googled them. You should check it out--you can even download a track from the newest Teenage Fanclub album there, if, god forbid, you don't own it. Also, at work I listen to online radio Live 365's Generation 80s Retro. God I love New Wave. "I just can't get it enough!"

But getting back to this whole focus on music...it's been at the expense of movie talk. I'm not in denial, I'm seriously a film fanatic. I consume film the way most people consume air. But lately I've even slacked off in visiting The Bible everyday (it probably has to do more with being exhausted from long days at work than lack of interest, but still). Hell, I haven't even seen that many new movies lately either. Part of the problem is that nothing worthwhile has hit mainstream theaters, and I managed to miss some French movies I had really wanted to see at Landmark. I did, however, fail to report that Allie and I won tickets to a free screening of The Beat That My Heart Skipped (sexy Romain Duris!) in which I was finally able to confirm who I had long suspected was Matt Cowal at the E Street Cinema. I can now remove the quotes around Matt when I speak about seeing him. It was funny because the next day I saw someone post an MC about the guy who took the tickets at the screening on CL (it was Matt). Yes he's very attractive, but he's also very taken according to his left ring finger (something I noticed ages ago).

And, by the way, Netflix pisses me off by being so damn slow.

But I'm off to the land of movies. We'll see what that's all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home