Tuesday, October 11, 2005

90210

So you may not know, unless perhaps you listened to Allie's radio show where she outed me as a Beverly Hills, 90210 fanatic, but yes, I was one. Big time. It was my introduction to Los Angeles all those years ago. Look, that show was as exciting as it got for me because I was seven when it premiered. High school was so far away so this was a peek into my future, or so I thought. But somehow I think even at seven I knew what I saw on the screen was not what I would really experience. Yeah, really.

The really sick thing is that I dropped off watching it once they left college--it really became a soap opera then--but then I became actually obsessed with watching reruns on FX in my early college years. That was my nesting. Some people bake, I watch the glory and not-so-glory days of 90210. So at this rate I've seen all the episodes multiple times--the high school years many times over. And yeah I met Jason Priestly when I was eleven. I have the autographed poster to prove it.

Anyway, so when the Bible sticks an article on its hit list about 90210 I go running. My jaw dropped when I saw Brian Austin Green (he can do whatever he wants with that middle name, but I'll never drop it in my mind) in a commercial for Freddie (an aside: Freddie Prince, Jr. has gotten a little fat in his married life I see). So this link is to a pretty short and pretty lame interview (if you can call it that) with Brian Austin Green and Ian Ziering (Steve was also the best, most "real" character). It's more like an excuse to embarrass myself. I love those.

Oh you think I'm pathetic? My whole family watched the damn show. My dad kept watching a season or two past me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that episode when David Silver's friend killed himself and David Silver went into that drug induced depression and the whole cast had to call an intervention? That was one of those tear-jerking moments on 90210.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

And he apparently swears on college radio. Quite fitting since David was big into the high school and then college radio station, and of course dad is also David. I go back and forth about whether he's the David who posted the comment above. I'll have to call to confirm.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

somewhere in my blog is an entry about the day I saw Ian Ziering at The Griddle (a great celeb spotting place, btw) It was a sad story. He was alone. On his birthday. I'll try to find the original post, I can't do it justice now.

PS I saw Jillian from "The Biggest Loser" today at Alcove. Does that count as a celebrity?

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home