Wednesday, October 05, 2005

in her shoes

Today was a very long day. I woke up at 7, left the house before 9, and then I didn't return until after 11 p.m. I've felt so sluggish as of late, but I'm quite awake now. I guess actually having stuff keep you busy that doesn't totally numb your mind with boredom can amaze you with the amount of energy you really have. Or it's the B-12 I started this morning, thinking I needed an extra kick in the pants.

But what do you care?

Tonight I went to see a free, early screening of In Her Shoes (click the link above for The Bible's entry) at Mann's Chinese 6 at Hollywood and Highland (perhaps the most touristy spot in all of Los Angeles...yes, the Oscars are held in what is effectively a mall, seriously). I scored the tickets via an LA Weekly contest. My friend Dora and I trekked over from school, and we found an amazing parking spot on Hollywood a couple meters east of Highland. I had to be patient, because that SUV didn't want to leave for awhile and I was harassed by people behind me, but when the situation calls for it, I CAN be remarkably patient. Have I told you how much I really hate parking in L.A.? Driving is a disaster, but parking is worse.

The movie was great. Sure, it's formulaic, it's got a feel-good vibe (ending), but it's done well. And, honestly, I needed it. Plus, the whole thing takes place on the east coast. Just that made me want to cry. Oh my god how I want to move to Philly right now. Hell, I'd even go to Miami. Oh, wait, I am, in a couple of weeks.

And can I tell you that Mark Feuerstein was sexy as hell in the movie. Really, I never thought he was ugly, but he never really did anything for me before. Damn, the glasses and the Prius got me all excited. And let's face it, you can't help but love his character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home