Friday, January 13, 2006

shirts, stains, fannies, packs

A couple of random things about my day so far.

On a happy note, just before I went to bed in the four o'clock hour this morning it occurred to me that soaking my Shouted wine-stained shirt in Woolite might be a good idea. When I woke up five hours later, the stains were gone. I can't believe it! This was a thin, light-blue shirt.

I'm sorry, I'm totally geeking out over something domestic. I get a kick out of claiming I have no domestic skills, but clearly, I've got something if that worked and my dad and sister call me for household advice. But maybe it's just that these American Eagle Outfitters shirts that I have (the only items I've ever bought from that place) are not just the most comfortable, colorful, and flattering things I own, but some sort of miracle T-shirts.

I went to the lovely (rolls eyes) Glendale Galleria this afternoon to return some of my Gap.com purchases. I walked the length of the mall back to Brand Blvd. to go to Borders. On my way out, I had to go through Mervyn's and those damn Dickies bags caught my attention again. As I was fiddling to see if one would do the job, a nice middle-aged lady came up to me to ask if I knew where she could find a fannypack. Actually, she didn't know the word, but ask about a small thing that would go around her waist, and I responded, "A fannypack?" Those of you who think I'm a bitch would have been so proud of me as I resisted the enormous temptation to burst out laughing. I kindly told her no, but perhaps a small bag like what I was looking at that could be slung across the body would do the job. She didn't pick one up, but the last thing we need is another fannypack wearer floating around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home