Friday, March 10, 2006

would U tell me something new for once?

Why is there a rash of articles on U Street these days that provide no real information? (The above is an example.) Every few weeks there seems to be some token thing about this is what U Street was (of course, using that ridiculously simplistic narrative I debunk in my M.A. thesis) and this is what is happening now. What is the point really? They all bleed into one another and don't seem to call for anything. Who doesn't know that U Street is one of the hottest and fastest-gentrifying neighborhoods in D.C.?! Such old news really.

But, ironically, I actually learned something I didn't know from that article. Warren Brown, creator of CakeLove and LoveCafe, has a show on Food Network! I don't believe it. It's called Sugar Rush. I've never met him, but I've had his overpriced cupcakes. They're either $3 or $3.50, but they're also small. You pay the same price at Auntie Em's in Eagle Rock out here, but hers are probably twice the size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home