Saturday, May 20, 2006

gelato love

Since I moved to Silver Lake, I've been waiting for the gelato place on Sunset at Hyperion to open. It finally did on Wednesday, and I noticed it on Thursday evening. When I drove by I started screaming and very nearly called Anna right then and there to deliver the good news. Why would I get so excited? Well, we know I have an ice cream/frozen yogurt fetish, and there aren't really any places to my liking in walking distance...until now. It's also been at least 8.5 months since they've announced their pending arrival. Plus, my tiny freezer quite frankly sucks and really fucks up the texture and taste of ice cream. (For example, Trader Joe's gelato fits well in there, but tends to get yucky once I've opened it.)

Anyway, I finally tried the gelato. They were out of some flavors I would have loved to try and probably gotten (pistachio, which is afterall my favorite gelato flavor, and chocolate martini). I settled for cinnamon and espresso. I hate cinnamon, yet I loved this gelato. I'm always a sucker for coffee-flavored ice cream despite my distaste for coffee, so that was an obvious choice for me. At any rate, this was the best gelato I have ever tasted! It was like a rich, flavorful but not overly sweet soft serve (scooped out of a metal bowl). That's exactly how I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home