Saturday, June 02, 2007

historic preservation?

I've linked you to my most recent Picasa photo album. It's a doozie.

Last Saturday, Andrew and I went to the Cha Cha Lounge.* In our effort to find parking, we stumbled upon this house under (de)construction. I just couldn't believe it. I vowed I'd go back and photograph it.

Fearing even the tattered facade would be gone soon, I went back the next day with David on our way to the Hammer Museum (awesome exhibits now on display...go, it's free all summer!). Anyway, it seemed to still be in tact, so I took these photos. David also noticed that they didn't just "preserve" (what the hell is going on with the bottom?!) the facade, but also chose to keep a cool spiral staircase. Unfortunately, the photos just don't do the site justice, and even having been there, it's hard to tell what's going on.

I encourage a fieldtrip. The former duplex is on Edgewater Terrace at the intersection with Deane St. in Silver Lake, just off Silver Lake Blvd. I haven't been back since last week, but I'll try to check on it periodically. It could be leveled now.


* The only cool thing about that place is the color photo booth. We took some (unintentionally) hilarious photos in there.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home