Saturday, May 19, 2007

je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime

I just got back from Paris, je t'aime. I loved it! I don't want to say too much about the individual films, because I think that would be a major spoiler. There's a beauty to sitting in a theater just watching a slew of shorts unfold in front of you (but it was all nicely tied together). I will say that some directors stuck to their usual themes and others surprisingly branched out.

I cannot explain my affinity for Paris, but how I love it. The film really showcases the variety of Paris, which we don't usually see on screen. Having been there recently, it only seemed more vivid.

I think it's time to watch Before Sunset. I love that their initial walk is a path that Allie and I took. Sure we saw the movie before we had gone there, but that wasn't why we took that walk. It's just a "coincidence" two film lovers can relate memories to.

I'm in such a good mood. And it's not just Paris that's done that for me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger cornflower23 said...

oh la la

6:48 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

"Paris, you have bewitched me body and soul, and j'aime, j'aime, je t'aime."

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home