Saturday, May 26, 2007

retro my way

Today I paid a visit to Best Buy and purchased a spindle of 50 CD-Rs for $7.99 (Sony, not some noname brand either) and a 10-pack of 60-minute cassette tapes for $6.99 (it was a better deal than 5 90-minute tapes). I made a comment to the cashier about buying rapidly disappearing technology, but I don't think he got it. But look at that price discrepancy!

I did this because I made a mix CD for the first time in nearly two years. And I didn't have any CD-Rs, because why would I need them? And I had to buy the tapes so I could tape the mix for the car. (No matter what I do, the damn car adapter won't work anymore; not with a CD player or either of my MP3 players. Very annoying.) Tapes are really hard to come by; they don't even sell high bias ones anymore. Maybe I'm the last person with a tape deck. I shipped mine out only to realize I didn't have any CDs! But now I'm finally making use of it.

So that's my '80s technology story for you.

Then I went to the Central Library to check out DVDs for the long weekend. First I was looking for Angels in America, but couldn't find it. Then I went looking for The Office (the BBC series). Couldn't find that either, but I did find the first season of Beverly Hills 90210. I literally let out a, "Oh my god!" when I saw it. I'm such a dork, but I don't care. I wasn't even embarrassed when I checked out the first three discs (they split it up unfortunately). Oh, baby, I haven't seen 90210 in years. I'm looking forward to it.

And that's my '90s television story for you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home