Saturday, May 19, 2007

am i the only one who gets caffeine hangovers?

Seriously?

I don't think I actually know anyone else who can't tolerate caffeine. If I have more than one glass of iced tea or caffeinated soda I get a migraine, my heart races, and my eyes feel like they're darting in their sockets. Oh and it makes me hyper. Like hyper above my usual upbeatness. Guess what, good chocolate does this to me too (recently, I discovered the decadant Belgian chocolate pudding from Trader Joe's can induce this if I eat too much).

But what really bugs me more than this, because these symptoms are tolerable, is that if I have caffeine with dinner--not even going overboard--I get a hangover. I'll be able to go to sleep without too much difficulty if I don't consume it too late, but then I'll wake up doped up on caffeine with a racing heart beat. It's freaky as hell. Happened to me this morning. I went to bed at 2:00, woke up around 6:30 and I've been going nuts since then.

Is this sort of like being high on crystal meth?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home