Saturday, July 14, 2007

when i go shopping, i go shopping

I just returned from Von's, where I spent $50 on nothing but frozen food.

Since I moved and had to buy a refrigerator for my apartment, I bought a counter-high model that has the biggest freezer of all the compact refrigerators, but it's tiny and it barely freezes anything. So this morning after lots of looking around and decisions about how to fix this problem, I bought a small freezer chest. But a small freezer chest is actually just a bit bigger than my refrigerator unit!

This allowed me to go nuts at Von's, where Lean Cuisine is on sale for $2/each (half price). I bought 19 different meals plus three different light ice cream flavors (all on sale as well). I saved a whooping 46% on my total.

So for the next few weeks don't let me tell you I have nothing to eat at home!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

And now you can make your own ice cream! Do you remember where you put that thing?

9:47 PM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

I know exactly where it is. YOU put it in the cabinet under my kitchen sink.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Unhip1 said...

I loves the Vons.
I also love the 24 hr Ralphs near me.
I actually go shopping mostly after midnight now. Bits and pieces.
Last night: ovaltine (first time in 20 yrs), milk and bread.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

Since when is it hip to post your grocery shopping routine on people's blogs?

'Cuz if it is, let me tell you what I'm buying tomorrow...

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home