Thursday, December 13, 2007

atonement

About every two years I get the urge to read fiction. Last time it was Little Children (before there was buzz about a movie). This time, I bought myself a copy of Atonement because I loved the film so much that I thought I might as well see how good the book is now that I've got some free time. I'll let you know.

But please go see the movie. It was unbelievable. So breathtaking to watch. I saw it last Saturday at trusty old Arclight that had a special Q&A with the director, Joe Wright, and James McAvoy (who wasn't billed to be there). James is hilarious as ever. (Oh yeah, we go way back. Not only have I seen just about all his movies, knew of him before he made a name here, but after the Last King of Scotland screening last year I followed him outside--pure coincidence, I'm not a stalker!). He better win that Golden Globe. Joe, too.

By the way, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is an equally superb film.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home