Saturday, February 20, 2010

frankie and tiny's pies


Courtesy of a TastingTableLA email, I discovered Frankie and Tiny's pies in October, sold at the Silver Lake Farmers Market on Saturdays 8-1. Since then I've gone on a near-weekly basis for a pie or two. The BBQ pulled pork pie drew me in at first. The steak and ale (Newcastle) and steak and stout (Guiness) pies are my favorite. The pie crust is the same for all savory pies. It has the perfect texture and buttery taste the compliments the meat so perfectly. Carrie's whoopie pies are incredible (I've tried Belgian chocolate chip cookies with vanilla buttercream and chocolate cookies with mocha buttercream). And her blueberry pie? The best I've ever had. The chicken pot pie and beef pot roast pies are weekly staples. For non-meat eaters, there are quiche and vegan shephard's pie.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home