Monday, April 28, 2008

did you know slap bracelets are back?

Apparently they are. I haven't seen anyone wearing one yet, but twice in the last week I've encountered them. First at Y-Que, Y-Que in hideous animal prints for $1. I marveled at how they are cheaper now than they were back in the day, even considering inflation should have pushed that kind of crap up.

Then today as I was walking through campus I noticed that an organization was advertising that Michael Ian Black is going to be visiting (performing, presumably) on Wednesday night. I asked someone manning the table if this was a ticketed event; it's not, but in addition to the answer I also got a slap on the wrist with a slap bracelet promoting the event.

If you can get them personalized, they've got to be back, right?

I had at least one dayglo-colored one back in the day. When was this? Probably the same time that 90210 was all the rage. Apparently, that's coming back too! (Reimagined, of course.) Nothing will ever be as good as those early years.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home