Thursday, July 28, 2005

the downside of anger

I'm so on edge right now it's unreal. I've been waiting all day for someone to pick up my car and ship it across the country. The pick-up was supposed to happen Monday-Wednesday, but then got pushed to today. Well, in the eleven o'clock hour I made some calls to make sure it was happening today since I was told it would be in the afternoon and I would receive "several hours" notice. I'm told it's definitely today, but the driver will call one hour in advance. It's almost 6:00 p.m. What the fuck is going on? This whole thing is a Type A's worst nightmare. I can't be productive and do the lingering school work I need to while I'm like this--and hence the blogging. Allie is really distraught about my car leaving, she has some sort of attachment to it. It's not like she'll never see it again--it's just not coming back to the east coast. We took some photos of us together in the car and of me driving and then her driving (mind you she is not legally permitted to do so). Then she took this great photo of us in our matching shoes:



Also in my anxious state I've been looking through CL housing. Okay, I do look at it incessantly everyday. But I noticed this listing apologizing to people who responded before (blah, blah, blah), but this is what really caught my eye: "Looking for this person that was moving from dc to continue school at usc." Uh, that would be me, could there be another one of us out there? Okay, maybe, but it's weird because it's in an area I had an interest in, but I had no recollection of this (it's for a living room, and please, only private bedrooms for me, thank you!). I even looked through my sent mail to see if there was anything close to this and couldn't find it. So is another D.C. area person doing what I am or is this one of those loopy people that changes pertinent facts on a whim with L.A. housing? Don't ask, you wouldn't believe the flakes I've dealt with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home