Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"it would be a superdrag"

I am compelled to finally make a statement about Superdrag, because I am listening to the archive of Allie's radio show via my MP3 player via my VCR and TV (god I love that chain of technology: radio, internet, MP3, VCR, TV). I was sure she was going to mention my renewed obsession with Superdrag since I asked her what she did with my poster that was hanging on my wall since Head Trip in Every Key (their best work, but of course I love it all) debuted--oh, she didn't. [It's in my former closet, but I'm going to send for it. I think it'll look good in my room between The Bonapartes and The 88.]

Point is, I desperately miss Superdrag. John Davis found god and that killed Superdrag. He still makes music--and I must say the musical component is quite good, very Superdrag--but I can't listen to him sing about Jesus; we all know I love housing but I don't want to hear about Jesus building him a house (I'm sure it's some sort of biblical metaphor completely lost on this atheist). I think it's great that he found a way to kick the drugs and booze, but my god, do we have to be punished for it? So this is my plea to John Davis...please, tone down Jesus and you'll get your fanbase back (I'm sure he has a whole new one considering the kind of pull this music has nowadays, but still). I know I'm not the only one who loved Superdrag that can't handle this stuff.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, you aren't the only one. I almost think it's tragic. Guess I'm going to hell! Good thing I don't believe in hell!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home