Wednesday, October 26, 2005

SACRPH...yeah, SACRPH

I'm long overdue for a good blogging, I know. I apologize.

I spent the weekend in Coral Gables, Florida, where I presented at the Society for American City and Regional Planning History (SACRPH) Conference. It was a great time. Though about half of the conference failed to show due to the pending landfall of hurricane Wilma. Of course Wilma didn't hit until Monday morning when we were all out of there, so those who didn't show were just pussies! Though, as I remarked to the organizers, this demonstrated that planning historians (who aren't planners, mind you) can plan in the face of a crisis. Everything had been planned so well before the weather threw a curve ball--and they really adapted it well. The conference was great despite the challenges, and I'm glad I went even if it's going to take days to shake the fatigue of traveling across the country twice in four days.

I don't have any photos to share because my camera--for some unknown reason--appears to take the photos but they fail to show up on the memory card. What the hell is happening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home