Thursday, November 10, 2005

sexy conservatism?

If you're a loyal reader, you must have seen me make fun of my Wall Street (Journal) economics professor. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but he is kind of sexy now. I think I'm starting to slowly understand the allure of (and reason) older conservative men go after young leftist women like me and think they're actually going to hook us. Now, don't misunderstand any of what I type to mean that I actually want to enter into any of this bullshit with him or anyone else. All those Ray Porters won't charm me into prostitution. Anyway...

He's sexy because it's the law of well-dressed men in suits. I didn't make a T-shirt that says "i ♥ skinny rock 'n' roll boys in suits" for nothing. He's not skinny and he's not a rock 'n' roll boy, but he does wear suits. Very expensive suits. And his shirts are fitted and monogramed. He also has very bold, cool (shocking really), expensive ties. I know these things are expensive because of the way they look, the way they fit, but he's also probably filthy rich. Last week he filled his vehicle with $6 gas just to say he did it (and to see the meter go past $50). He also made some comments about using the elevator in his house during the California energy crisis just to spite the powers that be who weren't using price signals to change energy consumption. I guess it's not surprising that there's money in economics (consulting).

I came to the realization of his sexiness this afternoon since he, for the first time, wore flat-front pants (navy-blue pinestripe, oh my god, what is better than that?) with a boot cut. This is what pretty much all men should stick to. He's always wearing pleated pants that taper slightly, and thus give him the illusion of big thighs, forming a big round area along with his gut. I can't tell you how good his legs looked in these pants. I wish I had my camera.

[Oh and he's not as annoying as you'd think an unabashed conservative market-lover would be. He's actually funny and very aware of his mostly liberal audience.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home