Thursday, November 03, 2005

why it might suck to keep an east coast cell number...

You could get woken up very early by a wrong number. More than once in the same day.

I've gotten a couple of calls in the last few months asking for so and so, and I tell the caller she (yeah, it's always women) has the wrong number. And it's always people with Maryland area codes (240 or 301). Yesterday this happened late morning (afternoon in the east). But this morning someone called at 5:10, woke me up. I answered, but it was nothing but noise. Hung up. Same person calls again, again only noise, hung up. The moron calls a third time, but I let it ring and go to the bathroom--hoping that when the voicemail reveals my identity the idiot will get that s/he has the wrong number. I get back in bed, and the sound alerts letting me know I have voicemail. Voicemail from a wrong number? So I check, and again it's a really long period of odd noise (like something out of The Ring possibly) and at one point a human noise. I deleted it without listening to the entire duration. But what does this tell me about this moron? Doesn't just dial the wrong number three times, but apparently has no clue how to use a telephone to communicate.

Of course I have trouble getting back to sleep, which is only made worse by the fact that I went to bed after 1:30 after being up a really long time. I've finally fallen asleep when the phone rings again, just after 7. At least this time the person spoke (and it was a different number). I told her she had the wrong number, but she said she was calling because my number appeared on her cell phone. How on earth did that happen?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rafiq Raja said...

Really hilarious narration by you. Go On

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home