Thursday, November 10, 2005

warhol's pittsburgh


I like Karrie Jacobs. More often than not her articles on Metropolismag.com are brought up here or linked or whathaveyou. This is a rather interesting look into Warhol, especially his time capsules. I have to admit, when I heard about them, I was pretty intrigued as well. At some point when I was a kid I was obsessed with this idea of leaving behind some sort of ordinary time capsule.

Now I wish I was in Pittsburgh. So damn close Carnegie Mellon, but then that'd also mean I'd have a history (as in history department) Ph.D. Not so sure that would be cool, but living in a reimagined Pittsburgh would be. And I'd have definitely made it out to see Fallingwater. Though it is kind of cool that I actually live about a mile from a Frank Lloyd Wright work (Hollyhock House).

This was a really lame blog, I know. I felt obligated to write something but it just didn't turn out as I had hoped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home