Wednesday, December 07, 2005

shameless band promotion alert: the bonapartes (who else?)

One place where I never fail to embarrass myself and still don't seem to mind is in the promotion of certain bands. Okay, within the last six or seven months, it's been one particular band. The vast country that separates us physically does not stop me. Maybe it's my attempt to give them bicoastal popularity. Come on, you know The Bonapartes would fucking rock all the cool places like Spaceland, The Echo, and dare I say The Troubadour. There are enough hipsters in these parts to propel them to legendary heights (you know, for a small, cool band with Napoleonic ambitions).

So do me this favor (well, favors): read the article I've linked you to above, buy the EP starting the 17th (will be available on their website for the undervalued price of $5), and for god's sake, if you live in the D.C. area go to The Black Cat on Saturday, December 17 (they start the show at 9:30 p.m.). You know I wish I was there, but alas I will send an ambassador who will debrief me upon her arrival at LAX a couple of days later (of course, there will be phone conversations preceding this, but that just sounded cooler).

--END OF PSA--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home