Sunday, January 15, 2006

raining dog boots

The funny thing about living in a climate where it rains infrequently versus one where it rains all the time is the need for rain boots. I never even thought to buy a pair living on the east coast, but here, a couple hours of rain means puddles up to your ankles. I couldn't find any in stores, so I ordered them online from Gap.com (GapKids really, yes, I can wear their kids shoes and actually find them to be some of the most comfortable I own). I selected the blue boots with black and white dogs on them, hoping no one would really notice (the pink boots with dots were just too loud). So yesterday afternoon I was excited to wear them for the first time. It was raining all morning, but by the time I stepped out to head to Sea Level Records for a free instore performance by The King of France, it had stopped raining and the pavement was already drying. But I didn't change. My (gay) landlord was on his way out too and thought they were so cute. "Oh no," I thought. At least I wasn't going to Sea Level to try to pick up men like I usually am.

After the show, I hopped over to Anna's. Later, we headed out to dinner and then a dive bar in Sierra Madre for a night of Adam Marsland & The Chaos Band performing three sets of covers. It may have been a dive bar (it smelled like one and drinks were about half the price we pay in our vicinity), but there was no way I was wearing those damn boots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home