Sunday, February 05, 2006

it's geek love

I'm a geek. And I'm attracted to geeks. I appreciate the aesthetic and confidence of non-geeks, but when it comes down to it, non-geeks are quite flaky and irritating, like dandruff, if you will.

So I was clicking through Washingtonpost.com this morning and happened upon some article on this website (an online dating site designed for geeks) gk2gk.com. As a geek and someone with enough online dating experience to fill a multivolume book, naturally, I had to do some more clicking.

Looking through this site I began to doubt my geekness. Alas I am not obsessed with video games, board games, computer-platform preference, or calculator type. Was I really a geek? Of course. The website just conceives of "geek" quite narrowly for its specific questions. When I happened upon "Top 10 Reasons Why Geeks Make the Best Catch," my confidence was restored.

I'm a geek and I want a geek. We can be weird together in our own little geek universe (defined however we conceive it, and preferably without any video games but with lots of style).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home