Friday, March 17, 2006

phantom power modules

Yesterday I had to print out a pass to a free screening of Find Me Guilty.* I thought that might be the opportune time to officially set up my desk and stop typing in awkward positions on my bed. But the whole project was derailed when I was convinced I was missing the crucial power module (AC adapter) to my printer. So I contacted Anna to have her search her car, where the printer and other power cables were transported during the move. I was convinced it had to be in the car because I couldn't find it in any of the bags of stuff (I know it wasn't packed in a box). This morning she told me that she searched, consulted Mark who had cleaned out the car recently, and still couldn't find it. Shit, I need to find a replacement because I really need the printer now!

So I do some searching on HP's website but I can't find any parts for my printer, which is long discontinued. I even google to see if other online retailers have this power module for my model. I call up HP parts asking for it and she can't find a part number for me either. I'm doomed. She puts me on hold to consult with another department to get the part number. When she returns she tells me there is no power module for that printer, only a power cord.

Yes, all along, I was fine with the power cord that I did have. If I had tested it, rather than relying on some old memory (probably of my previous printer) of a power module I could have saved some worrying. I feel like a prize idiot, but it's a good story and a laugh.


* "Funnier than The Libertine" despite starting off with a fart joke. It was very entertaining, touching, and Vin Diesel can actually act. Good pace. Worth a see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home