Tuesday, April 18, 2006

what kind of blogger would i be if i didn't mention the irony of the birth of the TomKat offspring (help us!) and Brooke Shields on the same day?

It's been a long time, hasn't it? It's not like I've really done anything exciting. It's the very end of the semester so I'm about to lose my mind. I spent this past weekend held up in my apartment furiously reading and writing for an exam (two essays) that determines whether or not I get to continue with my Ph.D. It's just pass/fail, but there's still this drive to do the best you can under the circumstances. I mean, I don't want to embarrass myself. I'm willing to do it in many situations, but intellectually is just too much of a poke at my pride.

I did spend the previous Sunday with my friend Andrew driving around the 'hood looking at Schindler and Neutra houses. That was pretty cool. If I ever get un-lazy I'll even download (and post!) the embarrassingly touristy photo I took of him in front of the Hollywood sign outside Hollyhock House (not Schindler or Neutra...can we guess who? he's more famous...). Naturally, Dad, Allie, and I posed there ourselves last June. There's a project. Post them together.

It's sort of surreal to have bought tickets to fly "home" last night. I've been talking about it for ages because my brother is graduating high school (fingers crossed) and then we have a relative's wedding in Charlotte. But I've actually made the commitment (June 6-17). And damn, it's pretty soon. Oh how I can't wait to see my city and you bet your ass I'm going to the National Building Museum ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home