Saturday, April 29, 2006

documenting craigslist

As a self-proclaimed expert on craigslist,* I had to see the newly-released-to-DVD documentary 24 Hours on Craigslist. What a disappointment. You can only imagine the documentary I could make on this thing (I hear the "amens" from some of my loyal readers). This is not nearly as colorful. It's confusing in points, and you really have to wonder why the fuck the director included some stupid banter from this gay-male couple that makes no sense and appears way too much (and its relationship with CL is tenuous at best).


* All the time I spend voyueristically reading things on the personals board finally paid off when I cited, in my recent paper on cruising and public sex between men, that you can learn who cruises, where, and where public sex is occurring on the missed connections section (among other places designed for such activity).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unhip1 said...

I have yet to plunder Craigslist. I undertstand it's a virtually unregulated no-mans-land of dubious offers and ads.
By the way, I've uprooted my MySpace blog to here, so we can converse, if that's the word for it. When you get a chance, check it out!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home