Thursday, April 20, 2006

a pretty shade of green will get you every time

I just bought the new and improved Swiffer. Watch the cute little demo videos on the website and you'll be amazed at how fucking good this thing is. Too bad that using the two wet and two dry cloths that come with the thing wasn't enough to clean the tiny amount of flooring I have (most of the place is some ugly carpeting...god I miss hardwood floors). Now what do I do? Do I eat the sunk cost of this experiment (then what would I use to clean?) or buy refills? Why is stuff like this so ridiculously difficult for me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unhip1 said...

You can "hack" Swiffer technology by simply employing a folded double sheet of Bounty (or similar paper towel, and spraying it with a powerful cleanser (like Windex with Vinegar, or something else that won't ruin the surface), and tucking it in like a Swiffer sheet. I do it in my classroom a lot to keep the floor from coming to life and staging a revolt against me and my students from time to time. LAUSD never cleans their freakin' floors!!!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home