Tuesday, February 13, 2007

do you remember the opening scene of cry baby?

It's good to face your fears for more than the simple reason that you will have to account for them when you reach Judgment City. You might learn how absolutely ridiculously silly some of these fears are.* For years, hell, decades probably, I've been avoiding immunizations or shots of any kind because I feared the immense pain. Let me explain: I have extremely sensitive upper arms. Not in the sexual way, but in the way that if you poke me, even in a kidding way, I'm going to scream OUCH! So why on earth would I want a sharp instrument to go through such a sensitive area?

Well, I decided that I should get that HPV vaccine. Female cancers in particular really scare the shit out of me, and anything I can do to prevent such a thing is going to be followed through with. And if I was going to subject myself to one shot, why not get Hepatitis B. Oh, and then there's that tetanus shot I apparently hadn't had since 1983. Three shots! In one day! Oh my!

And guess what, it was nothing. Just a prick, some of the fluid stung, but not at all what I feared. And thank god, because I have to get two more doses each of HPV and Hep.


* But I don't think I'll ever get over my fear of snakes. I still can't look at a photo of a snake without freaking out just a bit. Seriously, I don't know what the deal is, but snakes scare me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home