Sunday, February 18, 2007

the pinkberry fantasy is over

I know it probably seems like I start every blog about dessert with the following sentence, but it's true: I'm obsessed with frozen dairy products (the milk lobby should be so proud, really). So I finally went to try Pinkberry, since I noticed upon my return from Europe that one had opened on Vermont just north of Hollywood. Pinkberry's gimmick is plain or green tea frozen yogurt with fresh fruit toppings. I should have known it wasn't going to be good when my attempts to parallel park were comical. Film comical. I'm a good parallel parker, I swear!

Anyway, the "original" flavor is sour. Like bad milk sour. I may eat so much yogurt you'd think I was French, but I like it the American way with so much damn sugar in it that you have no idea that this is really some form of curdled milk. The green tea wasn't bad, but after tasting the original I couldn't stand to eat it. And for the price I'd rather go to Lucky Devils and get a hot fudge malt.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

The fantasy doesn't necessarily have to be over. You can still dream that Pinkberry tastes good, but just remember never to let your dreams convince you it's a reality.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home