Thursday, March 01, 2007

flirting with disaster?

Okay, so I have a bit of a dilemma. There's a guy in my building that I happen to think is really cute. Whenever we see each other we smile, say hi, and if we happen to catch the elevator we'll chat. We don't even know each other's names. Tonight I wanted to finally introduce myself, try to be cool, see if the chat could last, but of course I lost the nerve. And oh man I nearly swooned when he lifted his arm to reveal a string of small tattoos.

And he may think I'm a lesbian now, which is really not part of my plan to attract men. I said I went to see Gray Matters, but he didn't know what it was so I described it as a romantic comedy with a lesbian twist starring Heather Graham. While you certainly don't have to be a lesbian to want to see such a thing, clearly most people think that's who it's for. (And two of the three other people in the theater were lesbians. The other was an old man with a backpack and a plastic bag that emitted cigar and marijuana fumes.)

So what do I do? I've thought about leaving a note on his car. But I'll be mortified if I'm reading more into than I should be. I mean, hello, we live in the same building. But damn, part of me really wants to take that risk. "Come and knock on my door..." (we've been waiting for you...)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. NO NOTE ON HIS CAR. That's just creepy.

2. He doesn't think you are a lesbian just because you saw a lesbian movie. If he has a problem with that, or jumped to that conclusion, forget him.

3. Just keep being friendly and smiling when you see him.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

Yeah, don't worry, I know the note thing is insane. But I'm also impatient. I'll have to wait.

Then today another hot guy moved in. I held the door open while he and his (also cute) friend pushed in some ancient TV set. They were really friendly too...

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home