Thursday, March 01, 2007

gray matters of the heart

I finally saw Gray Matters. I say finally, because last week I had free tickets to see an advance screening of it, but then I ended up not going because I procrastinated too much and knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep if I went to the movie instead of working. Then I made not one, but two, attempts to see it last weekend, but I cut it too close with time and hit massive traffic. So this afternoon I left with lots of extra time and errands to run.

I laughed a lot, but I have to say it was bad. It was so bad that it was possibly great. This could be another Big Daddy. A movie embarrassingly bad, but yet, at the same completely irresistible for me. I would imagine that most people would not like this movie. Gray (and other characters too) has this habit of relating way too much stuff to movies and other pop culture references (like when your mind wonders to Who's the Boss? with Tony Danza when someone says that phrase). Since I do that kind of thing, I got a kick out of it, but it makes for a probably annoying watch for people not so into that. There were some moments where they overdid things (like the political speech about gay (in)equality being her main fear about coming out).

But yeah, I really dug it. Plus, I have this fear that Allie and I will be inseparable sisters living in some swanky apartment failing to get boyfriends until one of us elopes in Vegas! ha, like we'd ever consider going to Vegas for anything!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home