Sunday, April 08, 2007

the boob tube

I saw The TV Set this afternoon with a whole bunch of other people. That kind of surprised me. Usually when I go to a Laemmle theater, I'm one of the handful of people there, but today there was quite a crowd. Maybe because it's Easter and everything is closed, maybe because it's L.A., and this movie is perhaps only going to really play here.

It was worth the price of admission alone to see the girl whose "cuteness doesn't get in the way of her hotness" tell Jonathan Silverman that she absolutely loved Weekend at Bernie's. Yeah, I did too, when I was ten. But she saw it 50 times! But seriously, I got a kick of the making fun of Silverman because I've always liked him, and we never see him anymore. Justine Bateman is also in the movie, and she hasn't acted in what, 20 years?

The movie was very funny. And watching it, you definitely have the reaction of "this is why there's nothing on TV I like!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home