Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"they always come in threes doesn't mean it's the last of these"

That lyric haunts me. Seriously.

It's been a long couple of weeks for me. First, Lenscrafters (don't ever go there; seriously, they are morons) fucked up one of my lenses while adjusting my glasses and wouldn't replace it because I didn't buy it there. Cutting through a long complicated story about my poor vision, three weeks later, my eye issues aren't completely resolved since I don't see properly out of my left lens (the axis is off...it has to do with my astigmatism and the curve of the lens). I have to wait so long to see the same doctor again, and in the process, I'm getting used to this screwed up vision. Ugh. But I know I still don't see properly...let's hope something can actually be done about it.

Next, someone broke into my car to steal my garage opener (while parked in my building's garage noless) and busted the driver-side lock. So for two weeks I had to open the passenger side, crawl in, unlock my door, and then enter properly. That was annoying. A kind neighborhood fixed it for me with a part I bought on ebay. For awhile this was the only thing resolved.

The real icing on the cake came on Sunday when I returned from The TV Set to find my hard drive dead. Totally dead. Ten months old, and dead as a doornail (computer SIDS?). Luckily I backed up about a month ago so I didn't lose anything major since everything else I did of consequence was backed up via web-based email (what a fabulous invention). Since I finally got my computer back this afternoon and spent hours re-setting it up, I have placed an event in my google calendar that reminds me to back the mofo up every Friday night. No more of this crap, please.

Friday is the 13th. Please, don't pull anymore nasty stuff on me. I don't think I can take it.

On the upside, I've secured summer employment. Oh and I think this blog had its two-year anniversary and I didn't buy it a gift. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me later.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

I hope nothing happens to you tomorrow. Staying at home won't protect you from everything, so please just take care when you shower.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home