Friday, December 14, 2007

rudy's barbershop

So I got my hair cut this evening. I just couldn't take it, it was too poofy, it was out of control, and it just had to go. So I went to Rudy's Barbershop as I have been doing since I moved here. Apparently my usual person moved to Italy so I went with someone new. I was totally satisfied with what she was doing, but I had this feeling that the extreme disparity between the front of my hair and the back would dry to look like Hasidic curls gone crazy. I mentioned it, but she said it looked cute, and it was still wet, so...

Well, it definitely looks like I thought it would. I just need to go back and get a bit clipped off the front. But I dread it. I hate going to Rudy's, but I don't know where else to go. Every time I go in there everyone else is too hip to function, and I'm frump girl in hipsterland.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. I thought Rudy's would be awesome when I first moved here, but I felt unbearably out of it inside.

I go to the Dollhouse. Haircuts are pricey ($45 or so) but there is a girl there who will totally rock with your curls.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Ridiculous Authenticity said...

Rudy's is rude. Such a miserable experience, really. But I got it straightened out this morning, and now I'm happy with my hair. It's a lot shorter than I originally intended when I went to get it cut last night, but it works (and I rather prefer short hair anyway). If you go to Rudy's in Silver Lake, Bruce is a good man. Fuck the rest of them at this point.

Of course I'm incredibly stingy and bawk at Rudy's pricetag, but next time I might even have to go with Dollhouse. We'll see.

I hate grooming.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home