Friday, April 13, 2007

another superdrag lament

Allie may be right. In the Valley of Dying Stars just might be Superdrag's best record. I was partial to Head Trip in Every Key for so long that I sort of burnt out on it. I listen to Last Call for Vitriol a lot in the car, because I taped it for some reason (and not the others!). Oh my god this stuff is so good. Why can't they reform? It's not enough to have John Davis sing about Jesus. It lacks the edge of Superdrag.

But wait, on Tuesday, Superdrag's B-side album, Changing Tires on the Road to Ruin will be available! It's not enough, though. And I think it's either dangerous or a clever marketing technique to have the title so close to Supergrass's recent album Road to Rouen. When I blabber about Superdrag, people are usually like, "Oh yeah, I like Supergrass." So do I, but they're no Superdrag.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra Frank. said...

Damn right it is the best one. Don't know if it's a play on a Supergrass title.

When I first listened to John Davis the Jesus Freak, I was able to ignore the lyrics... for a little while. But now they're not the only thing I notice. I do like "Salvation."

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home